An X-ray is a simple procedure performed to provide a two-dimensional picture of your body to use as a screening tool to evaluate for causes of many common disorders, such as bone breaks, joint and spine injuries or conditions, and arthritis or osteoporosis.
Scheduling Your X-Ray
To schedule an X-ray or if you have any questions regarding our X-ray service, please call (812) 376-9353.
Please have the following information available when scheduling your X-ray:
- Doctor's orders from your referring physician for the X-ray (information explaining why you will be having the X-ray and the type of examination your doctor is requesting).
- Current insurance information. Southern Indiana Orthopedics participates with most major insurers. We request that you remit any co-pay or deductible at the time of your examination, but we offer you the convenience of filing your claim with your insurance carrier for you.
On the day of your X-ray:
- Bring your doctor’s order for your X-ray and your insurance card(s) with you to your appointment.
- If an X-ray has previously been taken, please bring the films with you to your appointment.
- If you are unable to bring your previous films with you, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
- Prior to your X-ray, you may be asked to remove jewelry, eyeglasses, and any other metal objects, such as loose change, hearing aids, underwire bras, fingernail clippers, etc., that may interfere with the imaging.
- Depending on the area of the body that is being X-rayed, you may be asked to change into a medical gown for the X-ray.
- If you need copies of the X-ray performed in our office, please provide 72 hours' notice.